Basic Vanilla Ice Cream
Basic Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Servings: 6 Servings
- Ice Cream Maker
- 1 ½ cups Whole Milk
- 1 ⅛ cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla and mix.
- Pour the mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in the freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving.