As the year of the rabbit comes to an end, the year of the Dragon quickly approaches. 2011 was a good year, filled with many ups and downs, good times and bad times. 2011 seemed to last about as long as a decade. My medical board started around January and lasted until the end of October. So much has happened in this year, I’m not ready to write about it all now.  As I adjust to retired life and prepare for my 2nd career, I find myself missing the camaraderie of my military brother and sisters.  Although I’m glad I have moved on, especially when I think about the deployments and time away from family.

Anyway, enough about that.  The kids had a good Christmas.  Money is tight, but we’re surviving.  We are together as a family and safe.  We have much to be thankful for!

My thought are with our troops that are overseas!  May you come home safe and sound!

2012 WILL BE A BETTER YEAR!  And that’s that!

You know, being on convalescent leave is not too bad.  I mean, I get paid to lay around the house and get better.  In fact, I got 18 days off for free.  These days don’t count  against my 30 days annual paid vacation, which is a good thing. 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not all good… I did run out of my drugs yesterday, and my knee hurts.  The swelling persists, today is day number 8, since surgery.  Walking still is a task, assisted by crutches you’ll see me hobbling around.

I think the worst thing, other than the pain, is not being able to take a shower.  I am addicted to hot showers, and not being able to take a shower is driving me crazy.  What I do, is stick half my body in the shower, with my bad leg out with the knee wrapped so it will not get wet, and shower that way.  Hopefully, next week after my follow up I will be able to take a shower.  It gets boring laying around the house. 

Fellow Readers… (Whomever that may be…)

Just some updates.  July was a busy month for me.  My little baby had to have surgery, so we were flown Hawaii where Doctors at Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC) operated on my little girl.  The surgery went well, and we are very thankful.

It was very nice to visit Hawaii, but I was glad, as always, to get back home.  My Dad was fortunate enough to make it over to be with Audrey and I during the surgery.  This was the first time he had flown since around 1966.  Airports and aircraft have changed dramatically since then, huh?

I’m back to work now, and actually looked forward to coming to work for the first time in a long time.  The weather is raining, as usual this time in the pacific.  August is just around the corner, and school will be starting.

Sabayon Linux 3.5 was released while I was gone.  I’m downloading it now, and will install it when it’s done downloading or later on this week.  Probably won’t be done downloading until later on this week.  My ISP sucks over here.

As far as my website goes, I plan on redoing it once again.  It needs a new look.  I’m pretty much tired of the look.  And since I have more time now, I plan on hand coding my new site.  As soon as I come up with a color scheme, I’ll get busy.

Enough for now… I’ll try to post more later and include some photo’s I took in Hawaii…


Trying to AutoFormat an Excel Spreadsheet…


    Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
    Cells.Replace What:="END OF REPORT", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
        SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
    Selection.Cut Destination:=Range("H1:P1")
    Selection.Cut Destination:=Range("H3:P3")
' the rest was cut out
    ' Delete Blank Rows Macro
    On Error Resume Next


    ' auto_width Macro

' COLOR Macro
  Application.ScreenUpdating = False
  Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual   'pre XL97 xlManual
  Dim Rng As Range, ix As Long
  Set Rng = Intersect(Range("P:P"), ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
  For ix = Rng.Count To 1 Step -1
      If Trim(Replace(Rng.Item(ix).Text, Chr(160), Chr(32))) = "" Then
      End If
  Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
  Application.ScreenUpdating = True

    With Selection.Interior
        .Pattern = xlSolid
        .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
        .COLOR = 65535
        .TintAndShade = 0
        .PatternTintAndShade = 0
    End With
    With Selection.Interior
        .Pattern = xlSolid
        .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
        .COLOR = 65535
        .TintAndShade = 0
        .PatternTintAndShade = 0
    End With

End Sub

Here is the full code, in txt format.

Finals are finally done!!!  I will not be taking classes this summer.  Things are just too hectic around the house, with Audrey having surgery and all.  Now that this class is over, I’ll have time to do some things I have been putting off.  Not that I can list anything now.  But, I’ll have time to do stuff anyway.  Like wax my vehicle… uhh… work on my website… well… after I get back from Hawaii that is. 

My friend David is deploying soon, so this weekend we will be going back out to the mountains for some trail riding.  A couple of our Japanese friends from the Jimny Club will be there.  I wish all the guys from the last trip could show up, that would be awesome!  But, it will be lots of fun anyway. 

As for other updates, this is the last week of school for the kids.  Jaymie’s last day was earlier for SureStart (pre-K).  She has done Awesome and I forsee no problems in Kindergarten.  Work is the same… working long hours with no evidence of accomplishment.  Morale is… wait… what is that?  But, that’s ok.  There is light at the end of the Tunnel in August.

Greetings all…

Once again, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything.  I’ve been staying extremely busy.  I’m taking 2 more classes, as I’ve mentioned before and the Algebra class is whoopin’ my buttocks.  I thought I was good in math but guess not that  good.  Alot has happened since my last post.  I’m also working on another website for the LRS Spouse Group.  I’ve almost got template done, just need to finish it up and add content, then troubleshoot any errors.

First of all, I recently got rid of my Pajero.  Guy payed me 10,000 yen ($100) and drove it away to a junk yard.  Same week, I found a 1992 Toyota Surf (4Runner) and paid $1500 for it.  It’s an awesome vehicle, but the v6 uses more fuel than my previous 4 cylinder diesel.

Our new Baby Audrey is growing like a weed.  She’s over 1 month now and is eating more, pooping more, and sometimes crying more.  She was recently diagnosed with craniosynostosis, which is where (basically) the skull grows back too fast and causes deformity.  Now, luckily Audrey’s condition isn’t too bad, where it affects her brain, but still requires surgery.  I have an appointment in Trippler Army Medical Center in Hawaii in July.  The Government only pays for one person to fly over, which is going to be me, so if my wife goes, we’re going to have to pay for it out of our pocket.  I can’t really afford it, but I’m going to try my best to get this done.  Enough abou that.

Planning an offroad adventure / camping trip this weekend… Just an over nighter in the mountains.  Can’t wait to get out there.  The kids are really looking forward to going, and to be honest, so am I. 

Enough for now.  I’m tired of typing…


Looking back and without realizing it, I haven’t posted a single blog entry this year. Of course, I blame it on a combination of school and work. I mean, I have to blame it on something. I will not take the blame myself. Not that I can’t call it laziness, I simply refuse to call it laziness. What’s the difference anyway.Well, I finished my Business Communication class. Passed it with a C. Better than an F! Things are going well here in Japan. As well as to be expected, at least. My wife is due the 22nd of April, which is rapidly approaching. The snow is still lingering here in Japan. Off and on snow showers will surprise on occasion. Supposed to get a couple inches tonight and tomorrow. Now, being a “Southern” Florida boy, initially I really enjoyed the snow. But now, I’m pretty much tired of it. It wouldn’t be so bad if I had a good snow blower. Ok ok ok… I don’t even have a snow blower, but I do have an 11 & a 7 yr old that works fairly effeciently.

I think this will be enough for now. I don’t want to over do it, that’s for sure.

I woke up this morning knowing that it started snowing outside, but wasn’t necessarily prepared for what was waiting for me outside. After I woke up and did my normal routine, I peeked through the blinds and seen white. At 3 o’clock in the morning, I couldn’t really see how deep it was. I mean, it’s November, it couldn’t be that deep… could it? After getting dressed and checking my email I open the door, stepped out and “crunched” my way to the shed to get the shovels. We had about 5 or 6 inches of snow waiting for me to shovel this morning. Now, This is the most snow I have had to shovel. Last winter was rather mild, and don’t think we got this much snow. I know we definitely didn’t get this much snow in November of last year.

So, I got the shovel, and cleaned off the steps, and sidewalk. By now, my uncovered hands are freezing. I had to stop come in and warm the hands. I’m also wondering where my winter gloves are. No where to be found, that’s where. I should have thought about this yesterday. I did remember that I have a pair of insulated “mechanix style” gloves out in the Pajero. So after my hands are warmed up, I head back out to start cleaning off the Pajero. Now, I had to open the back door to get the snow brush out of the back seat, so I can clean off the back door so I can get the gloves. When I get the gloves… they are FREEZING… quite literally I would say, but better than having my unprotected hands exposed to the elements. Cranked up the Pajero, turned on the heater, and waited for it to warm up while I finished cleaning the snow off. Went back inside for a bit, to warm up, and get my folder for school.

Once I got to work, I cranked up the John Deere to plow the parking lot… I love plowing snow. Fun times…. This is getting long, that’s enough for now.