The website was badly in need of an update. The photo section was antiquated and relied on PHP5.6 to work properly. Since Dreamhost hosts my website, I have limited control over PHP versions. After contacting Dreamhost support, both of us agreed that I need to replace Gallery3.
Initially, I started out using WordPress, but decided, in the end, to go with PiWigo instead. I just didn’t want to recreate the wheel since I already had photos separated in albums and had an already established directory structure.
End Product turned out pretty good. I’m still working on updating uploading more photos. Since I’ve been out of the Military, I have not done much updating to this website or photo albums.